|Marketing Electric Technologies & Partnerships to Utilities With MAISY Business Case Evaluations|
Marketing DER and Other Electric Technologies & Partnerships to Utilities with MAISY Business Case Evaluations
Example: Electric Vehicle (EV) Virtual Power Plant (VPP) Business Case Analysis
MAISY Utility Customer Database hourly kW load data have been used in utility business case analysis to
demonstrate benefits of virtual power plants by battery, solar and automobile companies. Several of these
marketing analyses have led to the initiation of collaborative pilot programs.
Example: Microgrid Business Case Analysis
Microgrid Business Case Analysis. Microgrids are composed of utility customer
loads and distributed energy resources (DER) within electrical boundaries that operate in
both grid-connected or island-mode.
Example: Smart Grid Technology Business Case Analysis
Smart grid technology marketing is a good example of the importance of detailed business
case analysis in utility decision-making. Smart grid systems business case evaluations
require impact analysis across a variety of distribution equipment, control strategies,
utility controlled customer equipment, and behavioral demand response impacts. Since most
of the savings are derived from reducing utility peak period loads through a reduction in
customer and distribution system peaks, utility customer hourly loads are a critical component
in the analysis. In addition, modeling impacts of demand response programs requires analysis of
individual customer segments so having access to a large sample of individual customer records
is an important contribution to analysis accuracy.
MAISY Databases Provide Unique Utility Customer Data to Support Comprehensive Utility Business Case Marketing Whether Selling Directly to Utility Clients or Proposing Collaborative Initiatives.
MAISY Database Summary:1. The most comprehensive, up-to-date utility customer energy use and customer characteristics for any geographic area in the US
2. More than 7 million individual utility customer records with building, equipment, operating, occupant, end-use and 8760 hourly energy data
2. Electricity use for hourly and 15-minute kW load intervals
3. Segment variables for each record (e.g., medical office, single-family homes, etc.)
4. CSV and Excel workbook format for easy access and analysis
5. Optional customized database interface software to extract and analyze data for client-specific applications
6. Jackson Associates can provide data extractions and analysis to support all applications
7. Vetted/applied by over 200 organizations for technology and energy-related market analysis, product development and assessment, cost-of-service studies, energy efficiency, smart grid analysis, new technology analysis (PV, CHP, battery, fuel cells, thermal storage, wind, flywheels and more), REP and ESCO target marketing and more
|Click Here for additional detail on MAISY Database content, variables, and software.|